Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Anyone know a DVM exorcist?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:13:29 -0700, John Robertson
wrote:

Can you calibrate the Battery Low feature? One would think so...
John :-#)#

Calibrate? Methinks not. There no adjustments.

I got lazy and tried to measure the battery voltage using the
voltmeter. I suppose I could install a switch to do that
automatically and call it a "battery test" function.

I have an analog battery tester that puts a small load on the battery
when measuring. It works much better than any open circuit
measurement. However, I can never seem to find it when I need it.

What about adding a terminal or test point somewhere on the case that
connects to the positive terminal on your battery? On my cheap (but
remarkedly durable after ten years of being dropped) meter the readings
I get on the battery positive terminal are 3.06 (using the red + probe)
and -6.03 (with the black - probe) this shows a battery of 9.09VDC charge.

My meter did not like my using the negative probe on the negative
terminal of the battery - it buzzed at me!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com