Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Anyone know a DVM exorcist?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:15:20 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I was in bed, watching TV, when I noticed an unfamiliar clicking sound. It
persisted, so I leaned over and saw my Fluke 87's backlight flickering, and
heard it clicking. (The knob was in the off position, by the way.) Turning
it on, then off, ended this weird behavior.

My Fluke 77 does that when the 9V battery is not quite totally dead.

The battery enunciator has been coming on lately, so I have to assume it's a
side-effect of low voltage.

Yep. You'll also find that it gives wrong voltage readings with a low
battery. The irritating part is that it will give bogus readings long
before the battery is obviously dead.

Can you calibrate the Battery Low feature? One would think so...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com