Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill@yawhoo.com is offline

Default Getting Up To Speed

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 00:25:26 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

On Mar 24, 7:18*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

Sombody gave us an *old TV/VCR made by RCA that works pretty wel but
there is no particular button or switch to set the VCR for anything
but SP recording. Okay for a decent picture but that stting eats up
tape far too fast. We also got a remote control-- also suppossedly RCA
made-- but I don;t think was made for this combo as it doesn't have an
EP button either, so when trying to set the thing for timed taping,
there's no way to set for EP even though the screen offers the choice
of SP or EP.

I trid to find a remote with the elusive EP button but no joy on any
of them. Does anyone know how I can change the tape speed on this old
clunker?

Ron

Old clunker indeed ! If it's not a silly question Ron, why on earth would
you want to keep using this outdated technology, when hard disk recorders
capable of more than 100 hours continuous recording at full broadcast
quality, are available for next to nothing now ... * ?

Arfa- Hide quoted text -

Somebody gave it to me free, it works, and tapes are cheap... :-)

Ron

Since tapes are cheap, why the obsession with reducing the picture
quality to use fewer tapes? I have to agree with Mr. Daley on this -
DVRs are inexpensive and produce much better results.

PlainBill