Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Getting Up To Speed

Ron wrote:

I trid to find a remote with the elusive EP button but no joy on any
of them. Does anyone know how I can change the tape speed on this old
clunker?

Would of been handy if you gave the model, but I don't think RCA made any
of these units, probably a rebadged Funai or worse.

Just taking a guess, a lot of those combo sets used a menu to set the
recording speed, not a button. So if it has onscreen menus and arrow keys on
the remote, try those arrows (left/right mostly) to see if it switches to
another one for the vcr settings. At some point in time they decided record
speed was a set-once feature.

Toshiba made some with a dedicated sp/ep button on the remote, so it's
entirely possible but without a model number, only guesses.

-bruce