Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Your experience witg function generators

mike wrote:

On 3/19/2012 5:04 PM, Phil Allison wrote:

"mike"
Antonio I0JX wrote:

Frequency measurement results:

- Just turned on. Frequency = 5.000 MHz Delta F = 0
- 15 minutes after. Delta F = -98 kHz (drift = 6.5 kHz per minute)
- 30 minutes after. Delta F = - 116 kHz (drift = 3.7 kHz per minute)
- 45 minutes after. Delta F = -132 kHz (drift = 2.9 kHz per minute)
- 60 minutes after. Delta F = -141 kHz (drift = 2.3 kHz per minute)
- 75 minutes after. Delta F = -147 kHz (drift = 2.0 kHz per minute)

I don't understand your numbers at all.
I see 6 kHz in 15 minutes. By my math, that's ~400 Hz. / minute

** In each case, the radio ham idiot has divided Dekta F by the elapsed
time.

How utterly clueless.

.... Phil

The guy came here for help.
He has been courteous.
Derision is inappropriate.

Phil does not understand the use of those words from a civilized world
point of view.

You must understand where he comes from. Sitting in church on a
sunday and shouting out load
"some old hag must of just took a ****" is like clearing your through
silently so not to disturb others. Yes, those down unders do have a
strange way of using the language in a barbaric way.

Yes, phil is one those that if you were to hold your hand out for a
gentlemen's shake, he'd most likely reach down and grab your crotch
first to check your gender so that he'd know which fowl words to use on
you and spit on your shoes with chewing tobacco afterwards. You must
remember, where he comes from, Men look like girls and girls look like
men.... All have make up studios at their flats!

Jamie