Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin C. Martin C. is offline

Default Need advice on how to 'repair' a kinked 75' plumbing snake (justbusted)

Two questions I'd love advice on:
Q1: What am I doing wrong that my plumbing snake kinks all the time?
Q2: How can I repair the one I just broke in half today?

Here's a picture of some of the 75' of snake laid out on the concrete
after cleaning out the drain pipes today:
PICTU http://picturepush.com/public/7839276

Here's the kind of kink that I keep getting in the hose when I try to
rewind it back into the container:
PICTU http://picturepush.com/public/7839277

Here's where I broke the snake today trying to unkink the kink:
PICTU http://picturepush.com/public/7839281

Is there any way to repair this 75' snake or is it a goner?
PICTU http://picturepush.com/public/7839283

In summary, I'm sure my technique is bad because I keep getting kinks in
the snake ... and ... when I unkink them ... I broke the snake.

Q1: What am I doing wrong?
Q2: How can I repair it?