Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark[_37_] Mark[_37_] is offline

Default Sony RDR-HX900 has Weak Laser Diode on DW-U15A Burner; NeedToReplace or Fix

On Mar 19, 4:31*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Mark wrote in message

Thanks, I agree. I opened and cleaned out lots of lint. It looked
like the area around the lens and the lens itself were clean. The
problem persists after cleaning out lint. I did not touch the lens
which looked shiney clean. Should I clean it anyway, and if so, how
is this done without scratching it or damaging it? The error code
does not really mean the disc (or lens) is dirty, it only indicates
that the problem may be with the disc or elements interfacing with
it. Problems with laser diode output might result in this error code,
and this seems to fit the symptoms.