Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default HP Laserjet bumper sticker remover

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:44:09 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On 15 Mar 2012 14:15:13 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

Should take less than one can of spray paint -- choose your favorite
color at an auto supply store...

Great idea. Too bad the paint probably won't stick to the remaining
goo on the plastic.

I didn't bother to take a photo before I started, but here's the eBay
page:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130659281942
See the 4 photos furthur down the page. The top cover looked "dirty"
in the photo, which I presumed would be easy to clean. I didn't
realize it was sticky goo residue, impervious to various mild
chemicals. What's not obvious from the photo is that the entire top,
and both sides were coated with the thin layer of the same sticky goo.
It's far worse than it looks in the photos. There were tiny bits of
bumper sticker material left attached to the sticky goo, which is a
clue as to what happened.

On the good side, the price is right, it prints cleanly, is in quite
good condition inside, has done well at 160,000 page, included an
apparently good Jetdirect card, and included a "Bar Codes and More"
ROM. Now, if I can only get it to look nice.

Well, then ... chuckle ... get a handful of bumper stickers
that appeal to _you_ and slap'em on. :-)

Jonesy