Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default poor man's pot track cleaner ?

N_Cook wrote:
MM Electronics MP175 16 channel mixer , probably the bee's knees in its time
1978.
Minor electronic problem , as only 741s , no great problem.
Also one pot needs replacing but all the pots slider and rotary are
dirty/scratchy and I begrudge wasting 2 aerosol cans on this item -
suggestions?

You can pick up a tube of DeOxit and a tube of Fader Lube on eBay for about
$25 total including postage, maybe less if you get it directly from a UK vendor.

Put a drop of Fader Lube in each of the sliders and move back and forth a few
times. Add more as needed. If it's still scratchy, add a couple of drops of
DeOxit. Or the other way around DeOxit and then Fader lube. :-)

You'll probably still have most of both of them left when done.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(