Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Grundig AM/FM portable "Transistor 305" troubleshooting

klem kedidelhopper wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:19 pm, wrote:
klem kedidelhopper wrote:

(...)

Wow! I'll never complain about my wife nagging me again. I think
you've covered everything. Lenny

--Winston--Nag, whine, nag, nag, nag.

I never thought of myself as being obsessive compulsive. In fact I've
been contemplating that for months and have finally decided that I'm
not...

Heh! Good one!

I put the radio together last night. I'm listening to it right now.
It's nice to be able to "see" my bench again, and be done with this
project. It seems to play fine on both bands, in spite of the slight
difference in readings on the front end. I'm not going to worry about
that or the exact bias point for that matter. I have all my notes and
that's a project for another day, (maybe). I'm grateful that it's
working, and so well, and for all the friends who've helped me along
the way.

Especially Sylvia and Franc that got you pointed in
the proper direction.

You are now the World Expert on the Grundig Transistor 305.
Congratulations!

You'll have to excuse me now though. I have to go build a garage, so
that I can clean it out. Thanks again to everyone.
Best regards, Lenny

PS. I'll let you know when the next Philco Predicta walks in here...

Hoo Boy. Cannot wait for that.

--Winston