Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default OT Grumpy old man. Moan mutter grumble ...

Arfa Daily wrote:
Question for our leftpondian cousins. Do you have trouble with DIY fitted headlamp bulbs over there ?

Not really.

I find that it *does* take longer than I'd like to change a headlight
bulb, but compared to the 'sealed beam' days, it's a piece of cake.

I noticed on my friend's car, the manufacturer was not overly
generous with 'service loop' on the bulb wiring, so it does take
somewhat longer to finesse the harness position so as not to put
an undue strain on the wiring.

I do see that it is possible to get one of these misaligned
but luckily, that is difficult to do if one is at all careful
and patient. I've not touched a domestic car in a couple decades,
so I don't know what challenges they offer WRT headlight service.

If history is any guide, I assume you still have to remove
the bumper of the car behind you to get sufficient access to
service any part of a domestic car.

--Winston