Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Grundig AM/FM portable "Transistor 305" troubleshooting

Winston wrote:

(...)

'Sounds like your 'rail voltage' ended up at 6.66 V considering
the 0.84 V drop in R46 or about 90 mV below the minimum indicated
on the schematic.

Were it me, I'd adjust the power supply until the rail voltage
measured, say 6.88 V.

Mia Culpa! The specification on the schematic is not
a *range* of acceptable rail voltages, it is a declaration
that the rail voltage must be +7 V in MW mode or +6.75 V
in FM mode, (An inch to the right, they re-declare both
at 7.5 V on the rail!)

I'd go with 7.5 V between ground and the power rail.
I'd leave 'battery minus' floating.

--Winston