Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default More Avast Woes ... ?

On 3/7/2012 9:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
I've just got back from a vacation, during which time this machine has
been on, so presumably updating as normal, and now I've got problems
with my email connection, and again, it seems to be Avast! related.
Remember all the problems a few weeks back with it screwing up NNTP
server connections causing all manner of bizarre problems with only
single newsgroup message bodies displaying ? I don't think it was ever
fully gotten to the bottom of, as Avast! tech support didn't seem to
understand what usenet was. I still have the NNTP shield switched off.
Now, every time I try to send an email using T-Bird, I get strange
messages about servers giving incorrect greetings and so on, and the
mail refuses to fly. However, if you temporarily switch off the Avast!
shields, everything works normally again. I have restarted both the
programs, and the whole machine, but the problem persists.

Anyone else having similar probs ?

Arfa

No, did the fix that was suggested back then and haven't had any
further problems.
Mikek