Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bosch washing machine programs take a long time

harry wrote:
On Mar 4, 5:46 am, "tg" wrote:
I've got a Bosch WFG2020 washing machine. If I use the wash programs down
the right had side of the timer the programs take ages to complete,
sometimes up to 4-5 hours, but if I use the programs on the left they're all
fine and complete in a correct time-frame. Any ideas on what the problem
could be? I know what you're thinking, why not just use the programs on the
left? I would but I live with my mum who won't stop moaning about it, and
now I've been given an ultimatum. Thanks for any advice...about the machine
that is...

First thing to check is, is the machine filling with water at a
reasonable rate?
If not how is the water pressure and if OK check the filter. You
disconnect the hose from the machine, filter is inside the threaded
bit on the machine.

If not fill problem,you have to determine which part of the cycle is
taking so long.
Eg,could be a problem with the waste pipe being blocked (takes a long
time to empty.)

If not, do they use flash ROM to hold the program on these things? If
so, then it could conceivably get corrupted. Or there may be a bad joint
on one of the data/ clock/ addressing pins on the microprocessor.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.