Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default CRT size vs anode voltage?

mike wrote:
I need a 10-15KV supply for an electronic air filter.
Thought I'd pick up a free CRT TV and take the anode supply
out.
What's a typical relationship between CRT size and anode voltage?

Alternative sources for free HV supplies at near zero current would
also be helpful. I was surprised I found nothing on ebay.

Thanks, mike

That seems too high for a typical plate cleaner. 10 kv will arc at about 1
cm.
5kv seems more reasonable. It's usually easier to find positive supplies.
Is it an ion type cleaner ? I use these for low current.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...p?number=g1783