Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default CRT size vs anode voltage?

Folks asking for sources of parts sources should state where they are
located.

The TV (cheap/free) HV section would likely require considerable effort and
additional circuitry to reassemble a working circuit, which would likely
then be iffy as far as reliability and safety issues, especially when
utilizing used parts.

A new HV PSU, often contained in a compact metal enclosure, from a surplus
supplier would be a much better option IMO.

Places like Fair Radio Lima OH may have new surplus HV modules/supplies made
specifically for CRT equipment (not TVs) which may only require a common AC
input voltage, and include a HV lead.

I bought one of these types from Fair Radio years ago, to replace a CRT HV
supply in a large engine analyzer with a 10" CRT.

CRT HV supplies in TVs can be from ~1.5kV for small portables to over 30kV
for large table models.

There are likely new surplus electrostatic HV supplies available from
surplus suppliers.

There are probably numerous DIY plans online for HV supplies for all sorts
of demonstration and experimental purposes.

HV supplies are also used in oil furnaces, and various other types of
commercial/industrial equipment.

--
WB

"mike" wrote in message
I need a 10-15KV supply for an electronic air filter.
Thought I'd pick up a free CRT TV and take the anode supply
out.
What's a typical relationship between CRT size and anode voltage?

Alternative sources for free HV supplies at near zero current would
also be helpful. I was surprised I found nothing on ebay.

Thanks, mike