Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Gerald Ross[_3_] Gerald Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Trunion help

Gerald Ross wrote:
ChairMan wrote:
does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this shaft out?
My saw (Rockwell contractor saw) has been very hard to raise the blade,
so breaking it down the reason lies here. It won't move.
I've used some penetrating oil to try to loosen it up, no help so far
take it to a machine shop and have it pressed out?
suggestions?
TIA

Is that a retaining pin in the center, or just a hole where one was?

Disclaimer: I am not a machinist and have never taken a saw apart..
It that is
a retaining pin it is probably a tapered pin with a smaller hole on
the opposite
side where you can knock it out with a drift punch. If all this is
true and you don't have a flat
ended punch you can use something like a nail after grinding off the
sharp end to make
it flat ended.

--
Gerald Ross