Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Sometimes, you just gotta get brutal ...

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

Oddly, a couple of months ago, I had two radio mic receivers in the space
of a couple of weeks, which both had the demodulator tank mis-tuned by a
good half turn. Neither had been 'got-at' as far as we know, and both
remained stable and correctly tuned over a soak test of several days.
Neither has come bouncing back either, so it's a bit of a mystery as to
why they were like it.

Same make of unit? Sounds like a screw-up at the factory, and really weak
QC. Somebody had the wrong tuning procedure, or the transmitter they were
using to tune it was set to the wrong freq.

Well, that's China for you.

Jon

Nope. Two different makes, two different owners and both had been in service
and previously working just fine (apparently) for a long time ...

Arfa