Posted to alt.woodworking,free.uk.woodworking,rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default How to repair warped table top?

On Feb 17, 12:55*am, Paul Conners wrote:
Planks (a light wood?) that make up the top of a small table are weather
warped. "Cupped" upward.

This isn't meant to be a centerpiece of the home, but it would be nice to
make it presentable again.

What's the usual repair recommended for such a condition?

Tools available: the usual drills and hand tools; table saw; router; belt
sander; palm sander; paint gun and compressor.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Depends on the amount of cup and the edges of the table. My wife
inherited an attractive elm claw foot from her mom. It had a similar
problem and one of the glue joints had failed too. I removed it from
the legs, removed the edge trim, sawed through the failed glue joint
and glued it back together. Before gluing I took a thin pass through
a thickness planer to level the top out again. Came out looking
good. If you don't have a planer, search around for a friend or
school that does.

RonB