Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default USPS Smartpost Insurance Scam

On 2/13/2012 8:15 PM, jaunb wrote:
FedEx Smartpost USPS Insurance Fraud Scam Buyer Beware Alert

I would like to report them to the BBB, FTC, US Government, but they
are both untouchable. Anyone have any suggestions?

images.fedex.com/us/smartpostguide/FXSP_TermsConditions.pdf

Looks like they spelled it all out so no case against them.

I agree it appears to be of very little potential benefit to the user
and definitely a hassle if something goes wrong.

I have always had good luck w/ USPS, particularly w/ the newer
single-pricing boxes and w/ tracking/insurance thru USPS never had a
loss that wasn't covered altho I can only recall one time ever needing it.

Tracking is available if one takes advantage of it; would think if FedEx
were really serious about trying to promote the above they would realize
they need to deal w/ the issue. I'd expect this won't last long as
currently configured.