Benjamin T. Kindt

Default Pen Turning Initial Shopping List

Hi,

I'm about to make the plunge into the pen turning hobby, and I thought
I'd post my initial shopping list here to get some feedback. Am I
going overboard? Am I forgetting anything important?

Many thanks in advance. Here's my list:

JET 708351VS/JML-1014VS Variable Speed Mini Lathe, $299 (plus $25 off
at Amazon this month). I'm not sure if VS is that important, but I
thought I'd go for it rather than regretting not getting it later.

JET JML-S Adjustable Mini Lathe Stand, $119.99. I don't yet have a
good workbench, so this seems like it would work well.

JET 709160 3-Piece Pen Turning Chisel Set, $79.99

Mandrel Set #2 MT, Penn State, $15.70

EEE-Ultra Shine Paste Wax, Penn State, $14.35

Shellawax Cream, 300ml Jar, Penn State, $20.55

4 Grit Sandpaper set, Penn State, $19.95

Plus wood blanks and pen kits. I figure I'll start with pre-drilled
blanks so as to save on the cost of a drill press. I have access to a
bandsaw if needed as well.

Thanks again!

Ben