Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Yaputya Leftlegin Yaputya Leftlegin is offline

Default Grundig Satellit 300

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message ...
After operating OK since the repairs I did after dropping a curtain pole on this radio a month or so back, the LCD is playing up.

If I perform an operation that clears the display, and enter an 8 digit, it looks normal enough. If I enter a second 8 digit, some
of the segments of both digits (the same ones in each case) become fainter. If I enter a third 8 digit, the segments become
fainter still, and so on, until they're pretty much invisible.

This suggests an issue with one (or more) of the backplanes.

The signals going in look normal enough, and in particular the backplane signals don't change as I enter additional digits.

Any thoughts before it ends up on the tip?

Sylvia.

I have always found faulty LCDs to be unrepairable. They are too flimsy
in construction, high impedance tracks etc,
If its got a clock function, you might salvage a 32kHz crystal.
Otherwise the tip.