Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim[_28_] Tim[_28_] is offline

Default Open Fire Back Boiler

H. Neary wrote:
Hi
Recently I added a couple of radiators to a small system. I
now have a total of four [Around 6kW].

The boiler is at the back of an open fire and I have been informed
that it should be a larger unit with the sides extending to the front
of the fire.

In another part of the house there is one matching this description, I
remember it going in, it was a Dunsley.

I want to upgrade the "water heating" rated backboiler for a "wrap
around" similar to the Dunsley but everything on the web seems to be
designed to be used with dedicated solid fuel burning systems.

Has anyone any ideas where to source something similar to the old
Dunsley, and what would be involved in replacing the existing boiler
with a higher output unit?

Regards

HN

Not sure what you mean by "dedicated solid fuel burning systems" but you
can still buy a Dunsley fire with back boiler.
http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/baxi.htm

Tim