Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Yamaha Stagepas 300 failure mode

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Gareth Magennis wrote in message

IMHO you should not be using jacks for anything over 150W. Far too Mickey
Mouse, and not designed for that purpose.

I will not use anything other than Neutriks for speaker cables - the cable
grip system is as imporant as the robustness of the jack itself, and
Neutriks (both jacks and XLR's) do not EVER break if wired correctly in

the
first place.

Which is kind of what you need really, in a live situation, as failiure of
speaker cables in particular can destroy your amps as well as your
reputation.

Cheers,

Gareth.

I have one of the original Yamaha 5m speaker leads here. Although moulded
on, I doubt the sleeve was really held even when new. Now ,although not
pulled out of the perforated relief part , you can see the white and red
conductor wires through the perforations , both connector ends, certainly no
sleeve anchoring now.