Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default Bread Machine recommendation. Want one NOT made in China.

"Ook" wrote in message
I have four bread machines, and they are all candidates for the trash
can. One has motor problems, three have bread pans that don't last
(the shaft seizes). None of them have lasted me a year. Not
surprisingly, all of them are made in China.

So, what is a good quality bread machine not made in China? I'm
willing to pay a bit extra for it, I've certainly paid enough for the
junk machines I already have. I don't need bells and whistles, I just
need something that I can run 3-4 times a week. I seldom let it bake
the bread, I just use it to nead the dough. I prefer to take the ready
dough and shape it myself - I have a couple of nice Ecko french bread
shaped pans that work nicely.

Failing to find a good bread machine not made in China, can anyone
recommend a good bread dough neading machine? I'm not sure what they
are called - I've seen them from time to time, heavy duty mixers that
can make bread dough. Again - I want one NOT made in China.

I have migrated away from the bread machines (Panasonic) that did a good job
for me
Bought them used at the Goodwill for peanuts. ( House & Cabin)
I have since bought a Cuisinart Stand Mixer
The big one can do dough for 2# loaves at a time.
A bit more time involved in making the bread, but far more options of the
results