Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Bread Machine recommendation. Want one NOT made in China.

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 05:35:43 -0500, Harry Johnson wrote:

On 1/31/2012 11:03 PM, Ook wrote:

Failing to find a good bread machine not made in China, can anyone
recommend a good bread dough neading machine? I'm not sure what they
are called - I've seen them from time to time, heavy duty mixers that
can make bread dough. Again - I want one NOT made in China.

Most people buy the cheapest product on the shelf. To deliver the lowest
price possible, US manufacturing has forced to move to China.

Consequently, the remaining 5% of us that are willing to pay extra for a
high-quality product are screwed.

Yes, all too common unfortunately :-(

I'm not sure when home-use bread machines really started appearing; my
usual solution to these kinds of problems is to find something that was
built years ago, but was designed well, then do any necessary restoration
work on it.

cheers

Jules