Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default LG 42V7 PDP firmware

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:36:41 +0000, Clyde
put finger to keyboard and
composed:

Does anyone know how I can apply a firmware update without the LG jig.
This is too old to allow an update via any service menu options, it
doesn't have any external ports such as USB or Common Interface either.
The firmware in this instance is applied directly to the control board
(there is a connector for the jig). In reading the service literature it
appears the jig connects to a parallel port on a PC and the firmware is
then downloaded onto the jig before being applied to the PDP. Any chance
I could construct something to do this? No doubt LG use some proprietory
interface for which no information is available.

If the firmware is downloaded to an I2C EEPROM, then you could use
PonyProg freeware. All you would need to do would be to build a
trivial interface circuit.

Do you have a copy of the firmware? Do you have a circuit diagram of
the panel?

- Franc Zabkar