Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default It's been a bad (plumbing) day at the office ... :-(

Arfa Daily Inscribed thus:

Arfa

Oooops ! Ignore this (except for amusement at my misfortune ... )
Accidentally posted to wrong group :-\

Arfa

Apart from a wry smile :-)
I would be interested in the cause and solution !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Then you shall have it sir ! Assuming of course, that I ever get to
the bottom of it. Problem is that now I've had to patch the pipe back
up, it becomes more and more difficult to put it back in, just to try
it out. I really need to figure a way to pressurise it assembled with
15 mm tails, but out of the installation. If I can then get it
watertight, at least I know that when I put it back in, it will only
be a case of a 'straight' connection 15 mm to 15 mm, be it in solder
or compression.

Arfa

Long shot, but since I've had it happen to me...
Its possible that the casting has one or more blow holes in it allowing
water to leak through the casting from the inside.

Some time long ago I replaced a sink mixer tap... It was fine until hot
water was run through it, then it started to leak. I at first I
thought that it was the compression joints at the base of the tap. In
fact it was water being forced under the chrome plating and out into
the cabinet underneath. The supplier refused to even acknowledge that
it was the tap that was leaking and blamed the leak on badly fitted
joints. Replacing the tap cured the problem.

Using a high pressure test pump showed that water was in fact escaping
between the chrome plating and the bottom of the tap where the machined
surface was.

The supplier never acknowledged the fault and refused point blank to
replace the faulty tap.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.