Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default It's been a bad (plumbing) day at the office ... :-(

Arfa Daily wrote:
Hi Neil. Pretty much what I'm intending to do in terms of pressure testing.
There are all sorts of solutions I could employ. There are, for instance, 22
mm to 15 mm flexi tails available, that will screw straight onto a threaded
body such as this (like a tap (American faucet ??) connector. They make
their seal by use of a fibre or rubber washer that butts against the flat
edge of the threaded section. This means that the problem of compressing an
olive into the seat to the point where it seals, is eliminated. Of course,
it does rely on that flat face being reasonably machined, but that does
appear to be the case on this PRV, from what I can see.

Arfa, there are compounds that you can buy which are gaskets in a tube.
It has been over 20 years that I used them so I don't remember their name.

The one I used was a black goop that one squeeze (squoze?) out of a tube
to seal cracked or damaged automotive connectors. I used it on plumbing
connectors where one edge was no longer smooth and they worked fine.

There are two kinds, one which hardens out of the tube and one which does not.
Make sure the correct one.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(