Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIY Indoor Waterfall?

On Jan 28, 3:46*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jan 28, 1:38*pm, radiotom wrote:

Ok, I've been lurking for awhile but I have a question that I've been
posting to other forums too, collecting ideas, so I thought I'd throw it
in here too. I wasn't sure where to post it but I hope this is Ok. My
wife and I recently went on a home tour and one of the homes had an
indoor waterfall. Now my wife is really on a kick to have one of our
own. Here's the kind of thing she's looking at - 'Bluworld of Water'
(http://shop.bluworldusa.com/All-Fountains/products/29/). Now you'll
notice that these thing are quite expensive. I know she doesn't really
expect me to go out and buy one, she knows how cheap I am, but I would
love to get her one for our anniversary. So, what I'm thinking is, how
hard could it be to make one of these? I'm looking for suggestion and
ideas, any opinions and ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Neil

--
radiotom

Wow - They are pricey!! * I would look at some very closely to see how
they are built, what size pump they use, etc. *Cellphone cameras are
very usefull for doing that. *From what I have sem, the top tube has a
series of tiny holes to distribute the water evenly. *But, I am not
sure if they use regular tap water or some special concoction.

Good luck and let us know what you do, it's always good to learn
something new, and maybe usefulG.- Hide quoted text -

Probably moderately hard to make one. Probably much harder to make
one that's stainless, copper, etc with a
nice polished, finished contemporary look like the ones in the pics
that the company is selling. You have the
appropriate tools to cut, fit, weld, finish the stainless?

Anybody in China knocking these off for $1000 yet?