Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default adapting 12vdc to 9vdc

"Chas" wrote:
I plan to use a ''boombox" in my vehicle because the existing sound device
is defective and next to impossible to remove.
My boombox uses 6 AA batteries...would it be safe to just run a plug from

Else, if the AA's are truly 1.5 volts then run the 12v car power to 8 of the
AA's and tap off 6.
any help would be greatly appreciated.. . . chas

This all reminds me of my boom box I built in the early 80s. I used car
parts and a gel cell, compatible with car charging systems, which can reach
16 volts. Picture does not show horn loaded drivers.
http://www.zekfrivolous.com/slidesan...1/PICT0055.JPG

Greg