Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Getting started with electronics? :)

On Jan 19, 6:20*pm, Woei Shyang
wrote:
Hi,

I'm completely new to electronics, but I'd like to get started.

Perhaps it is just me getting tired of this wasteful culture where
devices are disposable, or just me being a tightwad, but I'd really
love to learn how to repair my own stuff, and know how various little
DIY projects actually work as opposed to putting them blindly together.

Are there any books that you guys might recommend to help me get started?

I've always been a software person by training and trade, so you can
say I have absolutely no background in this, except for being a geek.

Thanks for any tips and recommendations

For me, seeing how things work reading about how things work. Radio
Shack no longer makes experimenters' kits, so I would check out Make
Magazine's introduction to electronics:

http://www.makershed.com/category_s/49.htm