Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Getting started with electronics? :)

Woei Shyang wrote:
Hi,

I'm completely new to electronics, but I'd like to get started.

Perhaps it is just me getting tired of this wasteful culture where devices are disposable, or just me being a tightwad,
but I'd really love to learn how to repair my own stuff, and know how various little DIY projects actually work as
opposed to putting them blindly together.

Are there any books that you guys might recommend to help me get started?

I've always been a software person by training and trade, so you can say I have absolutely no background in this, except
for being a geek.

Thanks for any tips and recommendations

http://jricher.com/NEETS/

This will give you a solid foundation if you read through the
modules, answer the quiz questions and ask the folks in
sci.electronics.basics to get you unstuck.

It is a fascinating hobby.

--Winston