Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Yahama Stagepas-300

Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Stephen Birchall" wrote in message

That's the problem really- statistically a sample size of 1 is not very
meaningful.

The lack of ps problems, however, is slightly more meaningful. I haven't
seen any either.

Cheers,

Gareth.

I have assumed the problems stem from heat build up. The last one , that
exploded small cap, was sandwiched between the output filter choke and the
main Al heatsink that runs the length of the amp units. So not only next to
a heated surface, 85 deg C rated, its own body is blocking the air path to a
large extent. This was after the previous repairing where I now always lift
and prop up the outlet vent and drill open up the line of inlet holes, under
the handle at the other end of the amp casing.
Another one the owner reported feeling the outlet air and noting it was
hotter than normal.
The next one i see, I'll check the airpath over the ps, probably less
cluttered