Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] news@jecarter.us is offline

Default how do you hook up a generator

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:06:29 -0700, wrote:

Frankly, I would suggest that this is important enough
that you hire someone with verifiable experience (NOT 'Joe the
Handyman' who can fix most things eventually) to do the work. And
don't be upset if they spend a significant amount of time verifying
the previous wiring was done properly.

PlainBill

I couldn't agree more. I have knowledge and experience in my locale
(Georgia, USA) and have done inspected and approved wiring (some areas
allow you to do your own wiring, subject to getting the standard
permits and having the standard inspections). If I were on site at
your cabin, I would expect to spend time looking at the existing
wiring and making notes/sketches to ensure that it was safe/legal.
Then I'd consider how the generator should be connected to the
existing wiring.

My expectation on the quality of electrical work is that I should feel
comfortable sleeping in that space.

John