Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AC Adapter Plague

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 01:05:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Here is a tiny table saw that would give you a fixed depth & straight
cut:
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-mighty-mite-table-saw-93211.html

Cute. That might work. I have a 3.375" dia blade on my Makita 5090D
http://media.toolking.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/i/circ_4.jpg
which also has adjustable cut depth. Clamp the wall wart in a bench
vice, set the cut depth, and try to cut in a straight line. Looks
like the mini table saw has the advantage of a rip fence. Still,
cutting a straight line may be a problem with odd shaped wall warts.

Incidentally, when I cut with a hack saw, I try NOT to cut all the way
through the plastic. The joint usually consists of two overlapping
plastic tongues. It's only necessary to cut through the upper tongue
in order to break the joint. That also leaves a neat grove with which
to fill for reassembling the wall wart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_wart

--
Jeff Liebermann