Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default OT-ish Anyone had trouble recently with Avast screwing with usenet access ?

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 14/01/2012 01:45, Arfa Daily wrote:

snip

So anyone else had any problems ? Any of the computah deep-understanders
on here, got any idea what exactly Avast is doing to cause this
behaviour, or what has started it ?

Try to telnet to the server, substituting whatever ports and addresses are
set in Xnews. See if you can manually pull messages by ID and their
relatives, doing actions side by side with the same post/thread in Xnews.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/...a-news-server-

--
Adrian C

You are getting close to exceeding my computah expertise level there,
Adrian, but I will try to give it a go ...

Arfa