Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Metal fab shop for rent

Steve B wrote:

I'm not saying that it isn't a good idea, or that it won't work, it's just
that I wouldn't do it.

Steve

I looked into opening up a rental garage type outfit many years ago.
Like the old ones where you rented a bay and used your own tools to
repair your vehicle, with specialty tools available for a fee.
Garage space with a couple lifts and plenty of room/light/compressed air
was not a problem.
I own a LOT of special tools already and wouldn't have had a problem
getting more.

Then I talked to the insurance people.... WHOA.. By the time we got to
the price of the policy needed to cover everything required by law it
would have been cheaper to buy the folks new cars!!!
IIRC the price for the liability alone was close to 35K a year.

--
Steve W.