Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Metal fab shop for rent

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 21:26:39 -0800, the renowned "Steve B"
wrote:

"Howard Beal" wrote in message
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/2789271170.html

I wonder if he has liability insurance. Sounds like
a law suit wating to happen.

Best Regards
Tom.

I like that old shop sign:

Shop rate: $35 an hour
If you watch: $50 an hour
If you help: $75 an hour

I would not turn any metalworking piece of equipment I own over to someone
do not know well for a rental fee. Grinders, saws, and everything that
makes sparks or flames can hurt people. Smart people either do it
themselves or have it done. Stupid people look for a way to get around
paying and get it done on the cheap. Or do it themselves, do a half ass
job, and end up paying more to have it done again or fixed.

Steve

There are a ton of shared workspace places springing up worldwide, but
usually the tools appear to be purchased specifically for shared use.

Here's one:
http://www.i3detroit.com/about

Too bad it's so far from here. $89 a month is pretty reasonable.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I'm not saying that it isn't a good idea, or that it won't work, it's just
that I wouldn't do it.

Steve