Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Interference in FM radio reception.

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 00:01:58 -0500, micky
wrote:

Dramatic license.

I prefer poetic license:
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com/poetry/poetry.htm

If you're going to sell this script, it will need drama, suspense,
action, intrigue, politics, explosions, violence, a chase scene, sex,
and display the advertisers products. However, the one thing that
must never appear in the script is something that requires the viewer
to think. If there's even the slightest hint of "how does that
work?", the script won't sell. Science fiction and defective physics
are perfectly acceptable, as long as the actors all pretend that it's
real, and that nobody in the story questions the technology. To many
people, microprocessor controlled parking lot lights, triggered by
sophisticated PIR detectors, are more like magic than science.

I forgot to mention that the lights were all LED lights and VERY
bright. Something like this:
http://www.ledsmagazine.com/news/6/1/13
The real question is whether LED lights generate RF interference.
There's no consensus and plenty of opinions. My experience has been
that some do, and some don't. I have several consumer LED house
lights. Only one belches RFI. I haven't bothered to check which ones
are boost, buck, or both.
http://prudentrver.typepad.com/leds/2011/03/reasons-an-led-light-might-emit-radio-frequency-interference.html

--
Jeff Liebermann