Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default First turnings of 2012, part 2

On 01/07/2012 12:45 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote:
On 01/07/2012 01:11 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote:
Two more of the reverse segment bowl. It's some birch from Haines
(around 70 miles from here), air dried for around 30 years, teak, and
cherry. 11" across, and finished with Minwax Tung Oil Finish.

Good work. We spent a night in Haines on our trip to Alaska. Nice little
town.

Hope you had a great time up here. Haines is a neat little place. If
you ever make it back put Juneau on the itinerary and look me up. I've
met a few other turners as they've come through on vacation. Always fun
to go out to lunch and put a face to a name...

...Kevin

Retraction: It was not Haines. It was Haines Junction, Yukon Territory.
We were on the Alaska Highway. A long way from south Georgia. We drove
it in 2005. 30 days, 10,000 miles.

Ah - that's a really neat little town too! Been through there several
times. Stayed at the Pine Lake campground this summer actually. And,
of course, hit the local bakery for the morning latte. Funny thing was,
the latte's were sold as 8 oz, 12 oz, etc. Probably the only thing in
Canada that's not on the metric system. Go figure...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska