Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peabody Peabody is offline

Default Philips DVD player DVP642/37 - freezes up

Thanks for the responses.

I re-rendered two of the files that were causing problems, and the
new renders seem to play fine. It's not clear what may have been
wrong with the original files, particulalry since they didn't
freeze at the same point on each play, but if this works for a few
more files, then I'm going to chalk it up to unknown encoding
structure errors. But actually, I think that's the best answer I
could get. At least is suggests the player is ok.

But I'm going to check on those capacitors, just in case.