Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Fluorescent starter-switch question

"Phil Allison" wrote in news:9mprnlF391U1
@mid.individual.net:

"Tegger"

I have an older 18" fluorescent lamp that takes a 15WT8 bulb. As of this
morning, it no marcha. I suspect the starter switch, which is your
glass-tube type and is pretty black inside.

The problem is that I can't find any "15w" starter switches at any
location close to me. I can, however, cheaply and easily find a white,
cylindrical starter switch that says, "13w, 30w, 40w" on it.

Can I use this "13w, 30w, 40w" switch with my 15w lamp?

** Most single tube starters are " Universal " ie 4-65W or 4-80W units.

Thank you.

But why the listing of three discrete wattages, rather than an upper-and-
lower range of wattages?

--
Tegger