Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fleetie Fleetie is offline

Default Interference in FM radio reception.

micky wrote:
AFAIK, nothing around here has changed, but in the last 3 months I
have been getting intermittent but strong interference in my FM radio
reception, and I'd like to find the source and stop it. .

The Russians have resurrected a souped-up version of The Russian Woodpecker
(Wikipedia that)! (AKA "Steelyard")

TRW was sited very close (~10km) to the nuclear power station at Pripyat,
near Chernobyl.

Now the whole area is overgrown with trees, but the antenna array still
stands.

And interestingly, as a westerner, I had assumed it was way north of where
I am, but actually, Pripyat/Steelyard are on almost exactly the same latitude
as my hometown in Kent (south-east England)!

I heard TRW on the radio when I was a kid. There was a documentary on TV
about it at the time.

As for your FM problem, sorry, to be honest, I don't know. But if you find out,
let us know here; I'd be interested to read what it was.

Martin