Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Why does discussion always tend towards power plugs?

In article ,
says...

In message , John Williamson
writes:
[]
So do the Italians. At least the Swiss one is polarised, the Italian
plug will fit in the socket either way round, so you never really know
which wire is live.

That's another thing: I assume anything is until told otherwise. Most
(all I think) equipment that came with Schuko plugs had two-pole mains
switches; the penny-pinching of only a single pole always seemed
dangerous to me.

That's because the Shuko plug is also non polarised, whereas the French
variant is.

--

Terry