Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Energizer 2013 AA Cell already leaking

On Jan 1, 5:04*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 1, 4:28*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 10:51:36 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
Good pont about the idle/leakage current. *I just checked it, 25 ma
draw when pushing a button, 0 ua standby, so I guess idle/leakage
current is out of the picture.

Well, if your remote uses 2 batteries, you would have a total of 4000
ma-hr of capacity. *At a 25ma draw, that's
* *4000 / 25 = 160 hrs = 6.67 days
if someone sat on a remote button.

Could I trouble you to double check the standby current, possibly with
a more sensitive amps guesser? *To drain the 4000 ma-hr batteries in 2
years (17,520 hrs), you only need:
* *4000 / 17520 = 228 ua
of leakage.

--
Jeff Liebermann * *
150 Felker St #D * *http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

Yeah, I did double check it, two separate measurements a couple of
minutes apart andredid thechecking wiring to make sure it was going
thru the remote, hence the pushbutton current draw and the idle. *The
other battery of the two AA Energizers in the remote still
functioned. *Just luck of the draw I guess. *Today is the day to check
up on all the things that I am too busy to do the rest of the year.
Hard to believe I've been retired from Bell Labs fo exactly 10.5 years
and still so busy doing things that I have to schedule a day to do
catch up on things I would rahter not do at all.- Hide quoted text -

The remote was sitting on the back of the tv table with the keyboard
up. The leakage was on the negative spring and on the removable
trapdoor so I wiped the spring and washed the trapdoor off, everything
works fine. It would not be worth the trouble to ship it to Energizer
to try to get a replacement reote. I will call them to let them know
what happened tomorrow when most everybody is back to work and see if
they will send me free coupons. I'll report back here what happens.