Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Energizer 2013 AA Cell already leaking

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 10:51:36 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Good pont about the idle/leakage current. I just checked it, 25 ma
draw when pushing a button, 0 ua standby, so I guess idle/leakage
current is out of the picture.

Well, if your remote uses 2 batteries, you would have a total of 4000
ma-hr of capacity. At a 25ma draw, that's
4000 / 25 = 160 hrs = 6.67 days
if someone sat on a remote button.

Could I trouble you to double check the standby current, possibly with
a more sensitive amps guesser? To drain the 4000 ma-hr batteries in 2
years (17,520 hrs), you only need:
4000 / 17520 = 228 ua
of leakage.

--