Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Energizer 2013 AA Cell already leaking

Ian Field wrote:

A few days ago a relative asked me to find a rear bicyle lamp for them, the
only one I could find contained a pair of Energiser AA marked "best before
2008" - apart from being dead flat there was no sign of deterioration.

It depends upon where the batteries are made. From what I see, the ones made
in the EU (Belgium to be exact) are fine, the ones made in Singapore are not.
I don't know what are sold in the US.

My guess is that some places sell ones made in the US, and some places
sell ones made in Singapore. It also would not surprise me if there are
ones made in Hong Kong, or mainland China, which are fakes sold at flea
markets, etc.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(