Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Energizer 2013 AA Cell already leaking

wrote in message
Happened to try a seldom-used tv remote control last night, dead.
opened it up, one 2013 AA Energizer battery was fine, the other was
dead and leaking. I stupidly thought that the date on batterries was
how long they were supposed to last if they were not used - shelf
life.

A few days ago a relative asked me to find a rear bicyle lamp for them, the
only one I could find contained a pair of Energiser AA marked "best before
2008" - apart from being dead flat there was no sign of deterioration.