Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default LED Series Christmas Lights

klem kedidelhopper writes:

On Dec 28, 5:49=A0am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

I do like Christmas lights, but they only last until the squirrels
are done chewing on the wires.

"Done", as in "thoroughly cooked"?

It would break your mother's heart if she knew you liked Christmas lights=

.

When I was 13 I reasoned that if you got a whole bunch of extension
cords and plugged them into various different outlets in the house,
then wired them all in series you could achieve infinite
possibilities. That was only topped by the 120.0 V to 6.0 volt step
down transformer I tried to wind on the metal frame of my bed. The
schematic showed 8 turns on the primary and 2 on the secondary.
Couldn't figure out why I lit up he room.....Lenny

It's astonishing that we survived until we were able to misunderstand
on a more sophisticated level.

Not as long ago as I would like it to be, I reasoned that since the
magnetron in a 1 megawatt (peak) early-warning radar presented an
impedance of about 500 ohms to the driving circuitry, a 1 kilowatt
microwave oven would use voltages of about 700 volts.
The meter I'd borrowed from a friend to look at his microwave sparked
internally (he claimed there was a blue glow, but he'd seen too many
mad scientist movies).

I now know better, having better access to information!

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m